Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Let's Try This

Let's Try This
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Jun 8 2007 7:07AM

The Crib Limerick contest was fun and produced much needed activity in the forum. Let's try this. I've often wondered about some of the usernames and where they come from or what they mean. :) Some are obvious but others are very mysterious and I like to guess. I'll start and hopefully get more. I've used PEGASUS for many years (as I found out when I was hunting for a place to land and call "home" many others do too). I've always liked the legend of Pegasus - I have a small collection :) and since my name is Peggy (Peg to most) it seemed to fit. Anyone else?

Not too unusual name
Posted by wilpat (VIP) Jun 8 2007 8:17PM

Wilpat is short fot William Patrick

EASY NAME
Posted by SCOPEMAN (TD) Jun 14 2007 12:48PM

SCOPEMAN WAS EASY TO COME UP WITH. I WORKED FOR A SPORTS OPTICS COMPANY FOR MANY YEARS AND THAT IS WHAT WE MADE. HENCE EASY NAME

Need I say more
Posted by 1okaylady (TD) Jun 18 2007 8:28PM

It's just me.......1 okay lady.......if you pass me on the street, my license plate is: 1oklady

still easy
Posted by purple_dragon13 Jun 19 2007 2:11PM

my favourite colour, i love myth and legends and collect dragons and i was born on friday the thirteenth

loved my dogs
Posted by birddogharve (VIP) Jun 22 2007 1:42AM

I HAD TWO ENGLISH POINTERS THAT I DEARLY LOVED. THE THREE OF US LOVED HUNTING QUAIL AND SPENT MANY WONDERFUL HOURS IN THE FIELD ON MY RANCH. WHEN THEY CROSSED THE RAINBOW BRIDGE I COULDNT BEAR THE THOUGHT OF LOSING ANOTHER. THEY WERE THE LAST DOGS I OWNED. I BURIED MIKE ON THE SPOT WHERE HE POINTED HIS FIRST COVEY AND WANT MY ASHES SCATTERED THERE. I CRIED FOR TWO DAYS. HENCE BIRDDOGHARVE.

Thank you birddogharve
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Jun 22 2007 9:49AM

Dogs have a way of burrowing into your heart don't they? We've had many throughout the years and had to have our 13 year old yellow lab "Charlie" put out of his misery last year..we held him and stroked him as he was "going to sleep" for that last time. We had him cremated also and brought his ashes home to scatter on his favorite "lookouts" It took us a year but we recently adopted a 2 year old chocolate lab we named Jake from the Humane Society and he is such a joy. A very good dog and we are gradually learning from each other :) He would do anything we want from him once he figures out what that is.

MY FRIENDS
Posted by GR8_World (VIP) Jul 7 2007 1:46PM

I dont know how i got my name but i think my mom and dad had some thing to do with it any way the last part lol and the first part not so because of you all!!!! I am worth a millon dollars just in friends like you all if i did not have a dime i still have my GC, family jer

user names
Posted by carloin Jul 8 2007 4:18AM

name is carolyn and a friends kid couldnt pronounce and i got carloin instead! Pretty mundane really lol

umm
Posted by FMF (VIP) Jul 26 2007 9:09AM

stronger becuase i am better then the rest (well im not but i liek to think it) :) if were talking about bad stories my dog was 8 year and had cushions(not sure if ive spelt it right) andunfortunately he died why we wee on holiday in cyprus beign looked after by a friend we had him cremated and scattered his ashes at his favourite place down in the sea near padstow :(

The Beatles
Posted by googoogachoo Aug 8 2007 4:50AM

from their song "I am the Walrus". Prob spelled wrong, eggman are notorious for their spelling :-)

user names
Posted by CustardNick Sep 7 2007 8:21PM

well my name is Nick and i do enjoy a random intake of custard every now and again lol

bumper sticker
Posted by MyKarmaRanOvrMyDogma Sep 8 2007 1:22PM

I saw it on a bumper sticker one day when i was sitting at a traffic light in Sprinfield, Missouri where i used to live. It gave me a chuckle and I hope it is giving others a chuckle too :-) Great topic.

clubhouse games
Posted by ginner (VIP) Sep 9 2007 8:56PM

At the golf course clubhouse where I play, guys either play gin or dominoes. I'm a "ginner".

easy as well
Posted by aussie_fighter94 Sep 22 2007 3:09AM

well since i am australian, it came easily for me as aussies love having bqrbeques so it just came as great_aussie_bbq

this is fun
Posted by KillerRack (VIP) Sep 28 2007 6:02AM

I used to play under iamdragonlady, a name given to me from a dear old friend over cribbage. I beat her all the time and she called me this kind of as a friendly insult (lol). It's just kind of stuck. I've gotten some strange comments and questions about it, most of which I can't share in here. Thanks for the topic, let's us get to know a little about other players in here. The hows and whys of how they came to be! Di

I like this topic too.
Posted by cowgirl73160 Sep 30 2007 11:18AM

The way I came up with cowgirl73160 is: I got a horse as a little girl, loved to ride, my grandpa had a stroke, was in the hospital, he loved horses as well, when I went to see him, he looked up at me and called me his little cowgirl, it stuck, and the 73160 is my zipcode. I have always wondered my self how people came up with some of the nics I see. Lisa

great question
Posted by bearswamp Oct 3 2007 4:45AM

bearswamp is the name of the area i live in. There is a swamp and we have seen bears. It is really out in the meddle of NO WHERE. And thats how we like it. Although most of you here at GC have nicknamed me Swampy and thats even better lol. And I am stil thinking about the question....are you anyones favorite person, which is also a GREAT question. Andy

neat topic
Posted by surewecan Nov 1 2007 9:04AM

I thought I would never refuse a challenge so I took the name "surewecan". If I happen to not play, it would have to be for other reasons. I play RPS(Rock Paper Scissors) so if you ask for a game when I see you, "surewecan". Ty

Moojus
Posted by Moojus (VIP) Nov 12 2007 12:15PM

This one of the 'nicer' nicknames I have had most of my life. It is a mockery of my surname, Milk. Most folks spelled it Moojuice... juice of a cow, better known as milk.\ In order to get a license plate with thin moniker for my car, I had to shorten it to MOOJUS. Bob

lets try this
Posted by mikka12 (VIP) Nov 13 2007 3:56PM

As person that loves diamonds, they sparkle, are sharp and very hard to cut. But they also touch a soft spot, visible and very shiny. Had to misspell it as a lot of others out there. But you know I still wish I had a dog after reading this. hugs all, like to meet you all, diamund (Patricia)

good idea
Posted by tenuvuz (VIP) Nov 15 2007 3:46PM

I get my name because I have 8 kids --plus my wife and I = TENUVUZ

BunieMa
Posted by BunieMa (TD) Nov 15 2007 5:32PM

Several years ago, my daugher showed rabbits in her 4h club. I always heard see the bunny mom, ....so it kind of stuck. Was shorted to BunieMa her in gc and i luv it. I use it for everything now

Posted by Willow (TD) Nov 16 2007 4:41PM

Willow When I was accepted as a TD I was caught having to chose a new nic something I am not that good at. I looked at my work top thinking and there sat some willow branches that I was using to make things. The Willow tree is important to me it is part of what I am. Willow is a wonderfull tree it brings energy to those that are not well and that is why I use it in the things I make. Hopping that its magical properties would also bring energy to my games I chose it for my TD Nic

Name
Posted by Joker (TD) Nov 18 2007 3:51PM

As with the others, when I became a TD I had to choose a name for myself. Asked family and friends. They said your always telling a joke to get people to smile so why not be the jokester. Out of it came the JOKER. Hope I can make you smile. o("+")o

Whats in a name
Posted by pow4all (VIP) Dec 2 2007 7:07AM

pow4all Well pow is a piece of my last name 4 is actually to mean for all is for everybody What iI do is fix things. I do almost any form of construction. I do income taxes, rent and tax rebates, and am very successful with filing social security paperwork for people. I sit with the younger ones - from kindergarden to college and help them with their homework. People break their vacuum, washer, dryer, toilet, roof and car - I fix them. When their furnace stops running on a cold snowy winter night - I go fix it. Even this Thanksgiving went to fix a broken water pipe. Don't think there isn't something I can do for everybody. So when you find the need - pick up the phone and dial 1-800-pow4all - he comes runnin. (not real ph #) lol

What's in a name.....?
Posted by Redjag (TD) Dec 3 2007 10:22PM

My goodness,,,,,,,I thoroughly enjoyed reading your responses......ty all :),,,,,Redjag (AnnMarie)

Smuurf
Posted by Smuurf (VIP) Jan 5 2008 8:47AM

I was watchin the Smurfs at the time hehe xx

names
Posted by obx7769 (VIP) Jan 14 2008 1:41PM

Over in Europe they have oval - 3 letter - bumper stickers to let you know what country that vehicle is from. Back in the 1970's it started catching on here in the u.s.a., but it got used more for smaller localities. OBX is short for the OUTER BANKS , a long strip of islands off the coast of North Carolina. It's a very historic area,the 1st colony in the new world [the lost colony],the 1st powered flight in history [the Wright brothers[from ohio]]and very famous for pirate activity [Blackbeard and so on].It's also called the graveyard of the atlantic because of all the shipwrecks.And the 7769 - well you figure it out - let me know if you do.Sry if this was too long, but i'm a beach boy and very proud of my location. Thx Ricky

Thanks OBX :)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Jan 14 2008 4:39PM

Loved your post and no it certainly wasn't too long! :) I'll take a guess on the 7769...is your birthday July 7, 1969?

Posted by obx7769 (VIP) Jan 17 2008 8:19AM

sry Peg - wrong answer , but nice try. I'm an old goat - April,6,1954.

The name game
Posted by Joker (TD) Jan 19 2008 6:54AM

OBX - is it just 8 more ? JOKER o(^+^)o

names
Posted by obx7769 (VIP) Jan 19 2008 8:35AM

bingo joker

But no one listens to me :)
Posted by Joker (TD) Jan 20 2008 7:02AM

About my age - where or where have we been :) ROFL JOKER o(^+^)o

Waiting for MORE :)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Feb 14 2008 12:34PM

I brought this back up to the top hoping for MORE posts about players nics .. I know there are many more out there that would be so great to hear about. Pleassseeee????

Thought I'd Bring This To the TOP :)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Jul 18 2008 8:32PM

New players...new tds...new names... Lets here from more of you!!

MICAFIL
Posted by 0113casper (VIP) Jul 18 2008 8:41PM

WANT TO FIND OUT WAT MY NAME MEANS.SEE IF U CAN FIND IT ON THE INTERNET BY TRYPING IT IN, clue ITS WHAT I MAKE

ME I'M MR HAPPY
Posted by HappyChap (TD) Jul 18 2008 8:45PM

IT'S ALL IN THE NAME, JUST CALL ME HAPPY.ANY TIME ANY WHERE I'M HERE TO HELP. HAPPY ALWAYS.HAPPY TO HELP =EVERYTIME,WANT A FRIEND CALL MR HAPPY. I'M HERE DAY OR NIGHT TO HELP ALL.DON'T BE SHY GIVE ME A CRY XXXXXXXX

Nicks
Posted by Orfner Jul 19 2008 3:02PM

Well, I lay awake nights wondering about things like, do fish realise they are wet?, and so forth lol, and my friends all think i'm nuts. ( I have papers to prove it too lol). So join me for a game in the pool hall ;) By the way, what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about? ;)

Many New Players making me guess
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Aug 12 2008 12:09PM

Come on...I love to find out what player's names mean. Really a fun topic and we have many new ones...including new TD's :)

MY NAME
Posted by Alfra (VIP) Sep 11 2008 3:41PM

ALFRA My first name is Alan and my second is Francis out them together alfra

my name
Posted by MrTimmy (TD) Sep 11 2008 11:00PM

well my name is not timmy it is matt if that makes sense lol my name came from a soap opera guy named timmy... from passions he was my hero is 2000 i guess lol

My Name is .................Treagle
Posted by Treagle (TD) Dec 30 2008 10:56PM

TR are my initials, and I have a camper and the model is an Eagle ><>< so Treagle(kinda Regal don't you think?). The name seems to fit what I think Dragon would be named so I found one and made it my Avatar for Game Colony :) Best of Luck to Everyone in all you do and have a Great 2009!

It's Time
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) May 15 2009 2:43PM

Been awhile and lots of new players...time to bring this up to the top :)

My name
Posted by stageinharmony (VIP) May 22 2009 9:44PM

Loved reading this. Stage is my surname and I sing barbershop.

Thanks Stage :)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) May 22 2009 10:15PM

What a neat nic! I'm glad you enjoyed reading...it's been the most popular "thread" on the Pegasus column and I hope more join in. :)

nicejammies
Posted by NiceJammies (TD) Sep 1 2009 5:35PM

contrary to popular belief, i probably dont really have a bunch of nice jammies, my original name was nj_saud N for my daughter nikki and J for my daughter Jakki, but everyone kept asking me where in New Jersey was i from? so one day trying to make a new name utilizing the N and the J some random backgammon player, a male of course suggested nicejammies and it sure got me better invites on that ladder. now im just stuck with it, been so long, nobody knows me by any other name. love, not really nice jammies

Thanks NiceJammies :)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Sep 1 2009 8:13PM

Good to see this thread brought back up to the top...hope others will add to it also.

names
Posted by CHIMERA17 (VIP) Oct 12 2009 10:49PM

Well horsey with wings.....I lived in Texas in the late 70's, and my great grandmother was named Rose> Where is Spider? So many great people have gone. I started playing here Aug 14th 1992? Miss all the others, but I guess I can make some new friends. As always g/c is the place to play.

names
Posted by CHIMERA17 (VIP) Oct 17 2009 12:46AM

My dad was Army for 22 yrs, 1 post was Ft Hood, TX. My great grandmothers name was Rose, she died when I was in supply school for the US Marines, so I combined the two. I have lived in MO, LA, CA, NC, TX, NY, KS, HA and Germany.

Bringing to the top again :)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Mar 11 2010 4:54PM

I'm sure we have many new players now...how about some responses...I love this one!!

HELLO ,ALL
Posted by Gr8 (TD) Apr 15 2010 10:33PM

HI

AdamsDad
Posted by AdamsDad (VIP) Jun 6 2010 8:40AM

Hi - My sons name is Adam - so I am Adams Dad - lol. Some have asked if I am God - but there is only one. Randy

my user name
Posted by Wannabunch (VIP) Jun 7 2010 12:21PM

Wannabunch Played gin rummy for years in our men's grill at Country club, when a hand is dealt that you didn't like, you might blurt out "want to bunch"?(meraning throw in that hand and deal another) , of course there is always the risk that the other person thinks he(she) has a better hand and will knock the 1st chance they get. So, if you run into me and don't like your hand, ask me to bunch, i probably will. bob m

A BIG THANK YOU
Posted by Gr8 (TD) Nov 7 2010 12:20PM

want to bring back to front page so it dont get lost

Thank you Gr8 :)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Nov 8 2010 9:17AM

This was such a well received post with many responses and I know we have a lot more players who would make great additions. I even go over the old ones at times and enjoy the reminders of where names come from!

:)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Dec 17 2010 9:38AM

Forgot I had to find it and reply to it...

hi
Posted by GR8_World (VIP) Mar 1 2011 2:40PM

HEY PLEASE DONT FORGET TO READ THE,, The Pegasus Column,, TODAY

This is a tad late, but...
Posted by Turtle_Toes (VIP) Mar 12 2011 5:51PM

I use the name Turtle_Toes cuz I like turtles. Also, where I live (Sarasota, FL), we have many turtle sanctuaries to protect our turtles and their hatchlings. During mating and hatching seasons, our city turns off all the street lights at 9PM near our beaches so as not to disturb our cute little turtles. Only problem with turning out the lights, we humans have to be very careful not step on any turtle toes. (j/k). Gail

Never too late :)
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Mar 17 2011 3:42PM

We always hope there will be more added to this thread. It's been so enjoyed since the beginning. Come on players...let us know where your names originated from. :)

Jag-girl
Posted by jag-girl Apr 25 2011 11:56PM

No...I do not drive a Jaguar...lol. I was the President of a youth football league "The Jaguars" 300 awesome kids. Actually, I started playing gin rummy to avoid their parents!

Nicknames
Posted by BlueSun (VIP) Aug 9 2011 2:43PM

My middle name is Blue. My dad and I were very close, and spent many hours fishing (in the sun) before he passed--and, he treated me like I was another one of his sons when I was growing up because I was such a tomboy. Hence: BlueSun

GC Store