Canasta
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
All tourney players

All tourney players
Posted by 1okaylady (TD) Mar 30 2014 7:34PM

To help all the TDs with tourneys, please submit here your favorite settings to further assist us in reducing the cancellations we have been getting lately. Please check back often to check the schedule as some of the tourneys are set throughout a day. We volunteer our time for the tourneys and we want to make it worthwhile for everyone.

Posted by iuuri (VIP) Mar 31 2014 9:11AM

Hi! My prefered setting is 2-2-2 3f w. I also prefer double elimination to single elimination. TY :)

Favorite Settings
Posted by BlueSun (VIP) Apr 18 2014 8:12AM

I will play almost any setting, but I prefer 3500 221 3f with double elimination. Or, at least 3000 221 3f with double elimination. I am on Spring Break for the next week, and I hope to be playing in tourneys. Thanks TDs for ALL YOU DO. This is one play who really appreciates TDs. You all are GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by jectbraga (VIP) May 10 2014 7:48PM

2-2-2 at least 3000pts

Tourney Settings
Posted by MrBingo (VIP) Jul 10 2014 11:53PM

I prefer to play a Double Elimination tournament to at least 3,000 pts minimum with at least a 3 ticket buy in or more playing two canastas to go out and with the wilds and red threes in play !!! This I think makes the game truly a game of skill !!! Most of the tourneys I see here lately are of but one canasta and in my own opinion one canasta is a mindless game !!! You deal the cards and voila .......if you have wilds then go out !!! My nephew who is 5 yrs old now plays one canasta ------ LOL !!! Also is it possible to plan a BIG TICKET Tournament say for 50 or more tickets and we play a time schedule so that more participants around the world could join in !!! I can see say 20 or more players playing easily if it is put together and promoted properly by the right TD !!! I remain as always !!! Respectfully, Mr Bingo

settings
Posted by fencefoot Jul 11 2014 4:54PM

nearly every body loaths me i love 122 and play. it when ever i can. it is a great challenge to get control of the discards ,which is essential in 122. i consider this setting the most skilled version.i could go on talking on this subject as i played it all the time at college 50 years ago but i wont .any way i enjoy the site and ggsto all

canasta
Posted by BerNic (VIP) Jul 11 2014 4:57PM

would play if under 3500 but one canasta only if you make 2 canastas make it at least over 4000 ty

Mindless
Posted by cptoneleg (VIP) Jul 11 2014 6:59PM

Are you discriminating against us mindless retards that like to play 1 canasta games.

2-2-1 CANASTA
Posted by Rottie (TD) Jul 12 2014 5:26PM

CPT I ALTERNATE WHICH SETTING I USE FOR DE 1 TIME 2-2-2 NEXT TIME 2-2-1 AND EVERY DAY THAT I DO TWO TOURNIES I DO 1 AS 2-2-2 AND 1 AS 2-2-1 PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATION

Love it Cpt
Posted by stageinharmony (VIP) Jul 12 2014 10:02PM

Nice to see a bit of fun in the forum! I alternate between the serious 2 can (and even more serious 2-0-2) but love the mindless retard's favourite 1 can as well!

NEWBEEVILLE
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Jul 13 2014 5:56PM

Well since I have just self-taught this game quite recently, I have absolutely no idea what I prefer. The losses I incurred during my learning curve make it harder to get good players to play me ... so I will be taking advantage of the tournies. Look forward to getting to know all y'all's styles.

Posted by iuuri (VIP) Jul 28 2014 11:52PM

Hi there! As some of you know, i'm portuguese, so my canasta environement is very diferente from yours... In Portugal the national game is called "sueca", and if you call 2-2-1 mindless it's because you never played sueca... When i was small i learned to play canasta only in pairs, and 1-0-1. I still play it with family on weekends, but i'm mostly converted to 2-2-2 one on one! :) 2-2-1 is not mindless in my opinion, but there is a certain way of playing it that is a bit mindless... As i said before, i prefer 2-2-2. Much more skilfull game! :)

GC Store