Canasta
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
SOMETHING UPLIFTING

SOMETHING UPLIFTING
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Jun 26 2015 12:13AM

Hey fellow GC players! I just wanted to change the kinda somber atmosphere by tooting my own horn. As of this moment in time, I am #2 on the Canasta, #1 on the Gin, #1 on the Backgammon and #1 on the Spades ladders. This is a first for me I believe. Will I be able to maintain this phenomenon until pay day? Only time will tell.

Great Accomplishment Lady
Posted by Pearle (moderator) Jun 27 2015 3:32PM

And I have no doubt you will rise to the #1 spot in Canasta too! You are a great player and we all appreciate your support in our tourneys. Congrats and good luck!!!!!!!

Nice work...
Posted by GoBigOne (VIP) Jun 28 2015 2:25AM

There has been a bit of a shuffle in the canasta ladder. Keep up the good work, Good luck Lady Awe

My truely sincere admiration for an "all star"!
Posted by iuuri (VIP) Jun 29 2015 6:54AM

I have no doubt that, despite the fearless competition, you will do it! Your game is just amazing, at least on canasta, as i understand nothing about gin and backgamon. There are very few opponents that make me tremble as much as you. I only breathe when i have almost every wilds. ;)

Accomplished Lady.
Posted by stageinharmony (VIP) Jun 29 2015 4:23PM

I must say that I do admire your all round skills. I've finished top in Canasta and Spades in the past, and have had payments in 4 games, replacing your backgammon with cribbage, but have never got as far as top 5 in 4 of them. Hats off to you!

Hoooray !
Posted by Cagney (VIP) Jun 29 2015 5:03PM

You deserve it. I've observed and found the "lady" plays every tournament she can possibly play. She plays regardless of rank or ladder position. I've won a few times.... YES ! There are players who choose to play only within a few points of their rank which really doesn't mean a thing because if they are unwilling to play lower ranks they prove nothing at all. The "lady" plays regardless... My hats off to ya, Lady. You are a true champ.

THE ENVELOPE PLEASE ... AND THE WINNER IS ...
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Jul 1 2015 12:46PM

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. It confirms for me that my approach is worthwhile. So I managed to hold onto #1 in Gin and after much last minute jockeying (due to a very diligent TD) secured 2nd on the BG ladder. I took some hits in spades and still finished 5th. Here in canasta land, 4th place, but hats off to Arynna who held her ground! And low and behold, if I didn't finish 3rd in pool --- go figure lol! So, tell me, should I bother learning cribbage? It looks so daunting....

Congrats Lady!
Posted by Pearle (moderator) Jul 1 2015 5:55PM

An amazing month it was for you and YES ... you should learn Cribbage - your competitive nature would be welcome in the Cribbage family. I would even be honored to teach some of the game to you! Let me know if you are up for the cribbage challenge and again ... congrats on a great months finish!

Impressive!
Posted by stageinharmony (VIP) Jul 2 2015 1:02PM

Well done to you - I only ever managed payments in 4 games! And you did top 5 in 5? Spectacular!

Posted by iuuri (VIP) Jul 2 2015 6:41PM

It's not just a matter of will. It's excellency! ;) Congrats! And congratulations for Aryna for finishing first! Always the hardest opponent to beat! :)

Posted by GoBigOne (VIP) Jul 3 2015 2:15AM

Very popular thread. Good to see a lot of communication between competitors.

CONGRATS LADY
Posted by DeDe (TD) Jul 6 2015 5:41PM

WOW GREAT TO SEE BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANT IS HER SPORTSMANSHIP SHE ALWAYS CONTINUES TO PLAY IN TOURNEYS EVEN WHEN SHE IS #1 EVEN THOUGH IT COULD MEAN LOOSING HER LADDER POST ION YOU ARE A TRUE CHAMP :)

Caps lock not needed.
Posted by GoBigOne (VIP) Jul 7 2015 4:27AM

Hi DeDe, Thanks for adding to this conversation.

WHAT KINDA PERSON FEELS COMPELLED ??
Posted by PRETTY_PATTI_ Jul 7 2015 4:33PM

I cannot do anything but shake my head in disbelief that anyone would feel it necessary to "correct" someone's style of posting here on the Forum. What's next ?? lessons on grammar or corrections on spelling. When I reread this thread, it is screamingly clear who spoke from their hearts and who just sounded off.

Nobody complained...
Posted by GoBigOne (VIP) Jul 8 2015 5:13AM

Hi Helena, I cannot see anyone complained about the caps lock on in the above post.

GC Store