Chess
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Question for all Chess Players.

Question for all Chess Players.
Posted by MagicGames (TD) Nov 29 2007 12:48AM

There is no luck in chess as there are various luck factors in all card games and backgammon etc. However, there is one skill game in here that involves thinking and planning and strategy that I would think many or all chess players would excell at and I would like you to try and show me if the chess players can beat the best in this game. RPS(Rock Paper Scissors), is an excellent thinking game and those that think it is just guessing lose often. Chess players come tell me where u stand in this excellent game setup in Game Colony. Various game formats can be used and congrats to Mr Aleman for challenging those RPS players although his rating isn't 2100 there. How about more Chess players coming and giving their expertise in this thinking game. Suggest new players read the RPS forum and try to meet whenever u can or try between 2:30pm and 4:00pm each weekday until a crowd is established.

Just another point...
Posted by MagicGames (TD) Nov 29 2007 12:54AM

there are so many chess players and not yet enough RPS players that the chess players just play ladder games and make quickly get into the top twenty in RPS ladder as well. GL, hope you try it!

Good Point
Posted by MrAleman (VIP) Dec 1 2007 1:44PM

Thanks for the mention! I'd have to agree RPS is not a game of luck, otherwise everyones rating would be roughly the same... I can only think the reason its not that popular is the game is not as interesting as the likes of Pool/Chess. Even so I like to play every now and then and it takes skill to master the game and your opponents thinking.

you are right...
Posted by MagicGames (TD) Jan 9 2008 1:10PM

It does take time to master yr opponents thinking and I challenge Chess players to try. Start by asking yr friend Mr Aleman for a game of chess and then RPS and get introduced to it. Then you might want to give the now many more RPS tournaments a try for only 2 tix. We miss you Mr. Aleman, hope youo get back into the action. The 3pm tournies are for Euro players so pass the word. Maybe see you soon.

I found him
Posted by yabadoo Oct 3 2008 1:45AM

I played Mr Aleman and he beat me soundly. But I can't seem to find many players since I joined. Chess players come and play. Rps forum might be a good meeting place for notes.

Hmmm..
Posted by Irvo Mar 6 2009 1:59PM

I played (under one of my other names) a few times. I won EVERY RPS game by simply ranomly picking my choice. Therefore I can only conclude RPS has no skill. Sorry.

GC Store