Cribbage
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Loosing Streak

Loosing Streak
Posted by birdfeeder123 May 28 2023 11:50AM

How is it possible to loose over 20 games in a row? I feel like because I don’t spend any money on Tickets I’ve been put on some sort of S$&t list! Playing all levels of players and always a loosing hand! I’ve been playing Cribbage for Decades so the loosing is totally by Cards Dealt!!!!!!

Losing streaks
Posted by Bones (TD) May 29 2023 10:11PM

This can be frustrating, and does happen both ways. Losing streaks are just like winning streaks. They come and they go. There are no lists, good or bad kept at GC. If you lost, someone else won. Cribbage is not won or lost on losing hands, but how you play each and every card and each hand. The margin for victory and losses is less than 5%. Meaning that if you are the BEST player in the world you are winning at about 55-60%. There are valuable resources on www.cribbage.org that will help your game, both in-person and online.

Winning Streaks
Posted by gjamies1 (VIP) Jun 14 2023 12:36PM

I like your answer Bones(TD), however even winning 20 games in a row I do find it hard to see how some of these ratings are so high especially when you look at their win/loss.

Winning streaks
Posted by amy_amy Nov 14 2023 8:20PM

I agree! Your rating should be based on your wins vs losses record!

losing streak
Posted by dendenden (VIP) Nov 22 2023 10:58AM

you couldn't have put it any better Bones. I have always said a game is won on how you peg.

Losing streak
Posted by ibharvh Jan 11 2024 4:03AM

Cribbage is not an easy game to learn, but it's important to watch good players to see how they crib and play. This is how I learned, staring over the shoulders of people that seemed to win a lot, and eventually finding a friend who was an eclectic cribbage master and being taught by him (by losing to him often). If you're losing 20 games in a row, perhaps you need to start doing something different.

GC Store