Spades
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Evening Tourneys

Evening Tourneys
Posted by Spicii (TD) Nov 15 2011 10:35AM

In the past week the td's have set 6 evening and 2 afternoon tourneys. We did not have 1 tourney go, they were all cancelled. What can we do to get players? We are all ready to set them up, give us input we can take criticism and suggestions. So many great spades players, let's get some tourneys going. Thanks all, Spicii

SPADES TOURNEYS
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Nov 23 2011 6:33PM

Thanx TDs for trying to get the spades room up and running with tourneys. The challenge I run up against personally, is they are always offered at the same time as the gin tourneys. Since I usually run both ladders, spades loses out :( Maybe if offered on the half-hour rather than on the hour, would make it easier on me anyway.

tournys
Posted by NORTHof_50 (VIP) Dec 11 2011 1:25PM

Thanks tds for trying. Frustrating when nobody shows. Keep trying though - seems like there should be enough $ players here to make a $2 game go. Discouraging when the last posted tourny is July & there are none posted as coming up. Try a few options like half hour timelines & posting one every week or so.

Evening Tourneys
Posted by jeep57 (VIP) Dec 19 2011 9:53AM

Just maybe Game Colony could raise the top ten prize awards so that enough of us could play some tourneys?? There are a lot of us who spend a lot of time and it would be awesome for higher awards..Thanks

tourney
Posted by reallyBEN (VIP) Jun 21 2012 1:22PM

Try 10:30pm like gin tourney! most vip players then, as you can see with the movement of ladder players at that time! 200/10 OR 250/10 LIKE FOR 2-3 OR EVEN 5 BUCKS!

BTW
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Jun 21 2012 8:56PM

I am pretty sure that GC has a formula in play for how the ladder bonuses are determined. It most likely is in correlation to the amount of tix games that are generated in the room. So if some of you bluecoats want GC to pay out more, I would strongly suggest you play tix games more often. Makes sense, right?

GC Store